Friday 16 July 2010

'You guys are from England? Then how come your English is so good?' - quote from waitress in some generic fast food place. At first I just politley smiled and laughed at what I assumed was a joke, then faced with a her blank questioning stare I realised she wasn't kidding, I continued to laugh but not so politely. I'm now down another 2 inner tubes and another tyre! The tyre was only 4 days old! Texarkana was prob the worst place we've been through yet, are motel turned out to be in a ghetto but was only 35 dollar so no complaints. After Texarkana we set off on the 1st leg of the state of Arkansa, we didn't get far before the heat an humidity got the better of us, only managing 60 miles due to a late start after replening on tyres and tubes (good job we did). We've made up some miles now though and have just arrived in Memphis where we plan on having one or two beers. 25 days into our trip and we have just made the 2000 mile point, its amazing we've got this far on a diet of fast food and power bars! Its entirely possible that I have suffered some kind of stroke as I've lost feeling in my right hand, must be all the burgers. Its not going to get any better though as bad food is so much cheaper and tonight I plan on washing back my burger with a shed load of beer before hitting the road again in the early hours. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment